Saturday, November 7, 2009

And another week is over

Pretty crazy week.

We had a temporary LGM (location general manager) in this week. We're being told we'll have a new permanent one hired by the end of the month. Let's hope so! However, I did like his temporary LGM. He taught me a lot about my position in only a few days! Just hope that the next one is just as good.
"Pumpkin" - the stray kitten - is doing good. She's starting to warm up to us. She'll still hiss when we walk into the room, especially if we startle her, but we can walk right up and pick her up and she starting purring up a storm. She was even perched on my shoulder for about 20 minutes this week while I was on the computer. Toooooo cute! Lizzie can't decide if she wants to like her or not, yet. Skye just wants to give her kisses...and the other dogs haven't met her, yet. I want her to get bigger first. I did find out while petting her one day that she's had her tail broken. Poor thing. Doesn't bother her any and seems like it's fused back with a little crook in it.
Made my way down to Norman to start volunteering at Second Chance. I'm really excited about it and loved my first day down there. I only stayed for a few hours because I was getting really hungry. I had always thought about volunteering at a shelter/rescue - but Carmax jump-started it for me. I found out that our Foundation will donate $10 for every hour I volunteer as long as the organization is a 501(c)3. I'm trying to get Robby to go with me - but he says he can't take them all home, so he doesn't want to go. lol -- I'll get him down there eventually. Today I cleaned up some kitty areas, walked three dogs (an 8 month old GSD/Lab mix, a pointer, and a standard poodle,) then trimmed nails on about seven cats. Folded some laundry too. I got the hours that I can volunteer -- so I'll be able to start going down quite a bit on the weekends or during the week if I'm off one day.

1 comment:

Kameko said...

I'm ready for more Holly & Pumpkin, not to mention the rest of the group,pictures!