Thursday, January 28, 2010

Announcement

Robby and I have a very exciting announcement to make. We've been trying to decide when would be a good time...I suppose now is as good as any.

No, I'm not pregnant.

But, we will be adopting instead. We will likely begin the process in 3-6 months after we make some adjustments around the house: downsizing on pets (...anyone want a cat?!), finish painting our bedroom, move a little furniture around, etc.

You can follow the process on the blog I set up specifically for our little journey. http://babyjakola.blogspot.com/ I'll try to make a little note on here each time it's updated, though.

In the mean time -- if anyone does come in contact with someone (at church, friends, etc) who is considering placing their infant for adoption...let us know. We will be adopting domestic (US born) - but have not settled on an agency, yet. Sometimes people end up signing with an agency and then come in contact with a birthmother through a relative or friend that ends up working out better.

3 comments:

Kameko said...

You know we are behind you two 100%. Just let us know if there is anything, anything at all, that we can do to help you two in preparing for this next chapter of your lives.

Anonymous said...

I have a female about 48 years old, if you are interested! Free for the asking!

Twister said...

No, sir - I'm sorry - I will not take your wife. Besides, she'd miss ya'lls Alaskan vaca!