Well it's been a crazy few months so start the year off, but we've already come full circle.
We came into the year thinking we would have no problems with me getting pregnant and having a healthy pregnancy. That all changed when my PCP told me I would have a high risk pregnancy.
As a result, we dived straight into research on adopting. Books, discussions, and several sleepless nights later...we decided to see a pregnancy specialist and hear from them before we committed to the adoption process.
That day has come and here we are. I am not considered high risk. We can go forth with a pregnancy and not be profoundly concerned with what each week will bring. I can happily see a Midwife, knowing that if the need arises, a fully capable MD is right around the corner (literally and figuratively!)
In addition, I will be able to stay on my Cymbalta up until my third trimester, and then go back on it immediately following delivery. We plan on supplementing a possible lower dose with acupuncture and other similar treatments, as well.
So, back on the baby-wagon we go!
And to answer that all important question I'm sure everyone reading this is wondering...we don't have a timeline!
1 comment:
I am so thrilled for the two of you!
Mom - future Grandma
(and no, I won't be harassing you about WHEN!)
Post a Comment