Sunday, September 21, 2008

Back to work tomorrow...

Unfortunately, my extended weekend is over. Need to go back to work for another crappy week.

It was a relaxing weekend, but aggravating also. Then again, there were rewarding times as well. Crazy stuff...!

Robby and I talked and we agreed that after Drew is finished that I would stop showing in conformation and move into performance events. I'll still handle for some people if they want me to and I happen to be at the same show, but no more personally owning and keeping any conformation dogs. I'm excited about the change, but at the same time...it is change. Branching away from conformation after 10 years is going to be hard, but if I can get my husband involved in competitions, and he be happier, then I'll be happier.

I found a german shepherd at a local animal shelter. I'm going to call first thing tomorrow morning and see if she is available still. If so, then I'll run down on my lunch break to get her, then drop her off at Hillcrest on my way back for an exam and any shots she may still need. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, and realize that she could have already found a home, but I'm desperately wishing she's still available at the same time! The picture of her is absolutely adorable, she's a long coat, and looks still very much like a 5-6 month old puppy.

Anyhow -- just finished an agonizing day of homework, need to shower and get to bed I suppose. Hoping for a good week!

No comments: