I walked into NRHA at 7:40 this morning, checked my email, sent Krissy one detailing where some things were, then grabbed my blanket, my leftovers from the fridge...placed my resignation in Dennis's chair and walked out the door by 8am. It was a wonderful feeling! It's so nice not to have the stress of that place anymore. If I never had to deal with the Board, I would have loved that job ten times more -- but as soon as the board got involved, it did a 180. And if you're wondering why I left earlier than the end of the month. I had heard some grumblings and mentionings that I could be let go earlier than the Slide. And, it just concreted that when on the conference call last night with the RHSF Officers that the president asked "Has Brandi left yet? I heard she turned in her resignation and was going to leave at the slide, but I heard she could be leaving earlier..." Yea, it was kind of interesting when I popped up and said "uh, Bill...I'm on the line." Open mouth, insert foot -- for sure!
At 11 I had an informal meeting/interview with the MWC PetSmart store manager. I think it went really well, I have enjoyed talking to Sheri. She told me she was going to forward my information to the District Manager so they could get me set up an interview. I'm still going for Presentation Manager, but if I have to start as a Pet Trainer again for a month or two until there's an opening elsewhere, or the Moore store finally opens, it'll be fine. I'm just anxious to find out more information!
Tomorrow is Sonny's & my first UKC show. We're entered in both shows tomorrow, and the show on Sunday (only one that day.) I've very excited and nervous at the same time! As Bethany put it in an email to her friend (haha, I found what you wrote!) "Sheesh, she was the #1 collie jr and she's afraid of messing up. haha" Yep - you're exactly right!!! I'm going to give Sonny a bath and trim some stray hairs tonight - and we'll be all ready to go in the morning. I hope I won't be too lost without my tack box and grooming table, though! I'll have to make sure I grab exactly what I need -- his collar/leash, a comb, maybe a pair of scissors? We'll see what happens!
Going to look around a few more job options and then take a nap -- I didn't sleep well last night...too much on my mind for sure! I need to fit some school work in sometime, as well.
2 comments:
*gasps*
Oh my, how did you get ahold of that comment? :P
I said it in fun, honestly.
I'm so proud of you for standing up for yourself and leaving on your terms. It is their loss & you can certainly do better. Best of luck with PetSmart and I can't wait to see you and Sonny in the shows this weekend.
Post a Comment